Syllabus: CfE (Curriculum for Excellence, from Education Scotland) and SQA
Level: BGE S1-S3: Third and Fourth Level
Take your pupils on a journey where they will think, question and explore like geographers, developing their geographical skills, knowledge and understanding throughout S1-S3.
Covering all CfE Third and Fourth Level Benchmarks for Social Studies: People, Place and Environment, this ready-made and fully differentiated BGE Geography course puts progression for every pupil at the heart of your curriculum.
- Build understanding of geographical ideas, issues and processes: Clear explanations, diagrams and definitions of key words make the content accessible and engaging for all pupils
- Interpret, analyse and evaluate geographical data: Pupils will practise and improve their geographical skills by completing a range of activities that involve maps, photos, graphs and case studies - with answers provided at the back of the book
- Meet the needs of each pupil in your class: The content and activities are designed to ensure accessibility for those with low prior attainment, while extension tasks will stretch and challenge higher ability pupils
- Effectively check and assess progress: All activities support formative assessment, helping you monitor progression against the Experiences & Outcomes and Benchmarks (with additional assessments and worksheets in the separate Planning & Assessment Pack)
- Lay firm foundations for National qualifications: The skills, knowledge and understanding established through the course will set pupils up for success at National 5 and beyond
- Deliver the 'responsibility for all' Es and Os: Plenty of activities that address literacy, numeracy and health and wellbeing skills are threaded through the book